Yesterday, we made new aquaponics systems out of empty pop bottles. We are just trying them out, but so far they seem to be working well.
- One empty 2 litre pop bottle
- Gravel/pebbles (from the pet store)
- Nail (to punch holes)
- Cut the pop bottle in half with your scissors
- Punch a hole in the lid of the bottle with the nail
- Fill the bottom half with water
- Place the top half of the bottle inside the bottom half upside down, so that the lid is towards the bottom
- Pour the gravel into the top section, about 3/4 of the way up
- Put the seed sprouts in
After our first attempt, the fish died, so now we are trying to work to make a better environment for the fish.